Basic Spike stitch instructions – Crochet Pattern
When you reach the end of the row, turn the work around and begin the reverse side (RS). You can use the spike stitch in the same way as before or use it to increase or decrease the size of the stitch.
For example, you may need to work three single crochet stitches to decrease the size of the spike stitch.
To end your work, just call 1 and turn. To bind off, cut the yarn, pull the end through the loop on the hook and draw the yarn tightly.
With practice, you’ll soon be able to perform the spike stitch with ease. It will be a great addition to all your crochet projects. Enjoy!
Basic Spike stitch instructions – Crochet Pattern | Step by step to do
1. Start with a starter loop and work up to 4 chains.
2. Take the knitting needle and insert it into the next chain from the back of work (the second chain of the starter loop). Pull the wool through the chain.
3. Now insert the hook into the next chain (third chain of the starter loop). Pull the wool through the chain.
4. Repeat this on the last chain of the starter loop.
5. Now insert the hook into the chain of the last loop (first chain of the starter loop). Pull the wool through the chain.
6. Reinforce your work with a chain of four chains to seal the last loop.
7. Work three chains through the starter loop again.
8. Reinforce your work with a chain of four chains to seal the previous loop.
These steps complete a chain. Repeat these steps until you get the desired measurement.
Basic Spike stitch instructions – Crochet Pattern | Benefits and advantages of learning
Benefits and advantages of learning the pimple stitch. The Herringbone Stitch is one of the easiest and most versatile types of crochet stitches.
It is often used for piercings and edge appliqués, but is also suitable for creating layered designs and decorative motifs.
Learning this crochet pattern will also give you more skills and abilities that you can apply to other crochet jobs. It’s easy to pick up and can be used in a huge number of crochet projects.
Plus, this form of crochet is less complicated than other types, which means you can finish your projects faster, making it a fun hobby for everyone!
Crochet is an ancient technique that can be used to create practical, handcrafted items. It’s simple to learn as most of the basic stitches are finger stitched and the materials are affordable.
Learning some of the basic crochet stitches is one of the skills needed to become a proficient crocheter. With these stitches, which include single crochet, double crochet, chain stitch and more, you can start making unique crochet projects.
When you become familiar with the basic stitches, you can move on to other techniques like crochet flowers, crochet wool, crochet eyes and others.
Crochet is a fun and skillful skill that you can develop over time and use to create unique and fun pieces.