To do this, you will be working a double crochet stitch but leaving extra loops in the middle of each stitch. You’ll then draw up the loops to create a cluster of stitches.
When you’ve completed a few rows of the puff stitch, you may want to add some single crochet stitches in between the clusters of double crochet stitches.
This will create some extra rows of texture and separation for your blanket. You can also add another row of single crochet stitches between each cluster before continuing with the puff stitch.
When you’ve completed your blanket to the desired size and stitching, then you can finish off the edges using sc (single crochet) and slst (slip stich) stitches.
This will help stabilize your blanket and make it nice and neat. After that, all that’s left to do is weave in the ends and your puff stitch blanket is ready to be enjoyed!
How to Crochet a Lovely Puff Stitch Blanket Step by Step
1.Start with a size J crochet hook and two different colors of worsted weight yarn.
2. Begin by creating a foundation chain of any multiple of six plus one extra chain.
3. In the second chain from the hook, make a single crochet.
4. Make one double crochet in the next five chains.
5. Make a puff stitch in the next chain by yarn-over, inserting your hook into the chain space, pulling up a loop, yarn-over, and pull through two loops three times. You will have 4 loops on the hook. Yarn-over and pull through all four loops on the hook.
6. Make 5 double crochets in the next 5 chains, followed by 1 single crochet in the next stitch.
7. Create a puff stitch in the same manner as before and repeat steps 5 – 6 until your blanket is the desired size.
8. End the row with 1 single crochet in the last stitch and chain one before turning your work.
9. Work a row of single crochet stitches in each stitch and chain one when you finish.
10. Repeat steps 5 – 9 for each row until your blanket is the desired size.
11. Once you have reached your desired size, fasten off and weave in the ends with a yarn needle.
12. Enjoy your new lovely puff stitch blanket!
The puff stitch blanket is a great beginner-friendly project that can be completed in just a few hours. The multiple colors make it a visually appealing project.
And the warm texture of this blanket makes it a great item to snuggle up in. With a few basic crochet skills and a bit of time and patience, you can have your own gorgeous puff stitch blanket to impress your friends and family.